Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What's up with THAT? sorry no pictures

You know what happens, when life happens? You fall behind on your blog…or at least I do. It’s been about 2 months since I posted and I don’t even know where to begin with an update, so forgive me if this post seems a little long winded.
At the end of May, we began negotiations to purchase an acre of land in Thatcher, because as many of you know, Clifton got accepted in the nursing program at EAC so we get to move back HOME!!! With the way the market is down there, we have found out that it is cheaper to pay a mortgage than rent. Thus began our search for a place to live. My mom found several pieces of land that seemed to be a great deal and so we put an offer down and the owners accepted! Now what do we do with the land? We found a company in Chandler that builds manufactured homes and sells them at factory prices. This has several perks because we got to choose our own layout, size, additional options, colors, etc. We found a model that we liked and it just happened to be on sale (about $11,000 off the original price)!!! I just got back from the factory last Friday, and it is in process and we have set a tentative date of delivery in the beginning of September!!! Until then, my wonderful parents have offered to let us live in their house until ours is finished. After all, Chris is leaving on his mission in a week, so there will be an empty house!
Chris got his mission call to the Mozambique, Maputo Mission in AFRICA. He will be speaking Portuguese and he reports to the MTC on July 11th. We are all anxiously waiting to get rid of our little brother and send him to a foreign country!!! Just kidding Chris…We love you!
Things have been a little crazy the last couple of months…we have had family parties, family reunions, trips to the hospital, trips to Arizona, the joys of moving, the joys of buying a home, several milestones (like sleeping through the night!), and some bumps and bruises, but we’ll make it through okay!
Last Wednesday (June 27th) I was visiting my family in Mesa, and also ordering my home. Curtis was playing well with his cousins for about 5 minutes…he was supporting himself on a cruiser/walk along toy with wheels. One of his bigger cousins wanted that toy so she just walked away with it. Curtis fell down bonking his head on the ceramic tile. He screamed for a second, and then I picked him up. The next thing I knew, he was dead weight. I looked at his face and his eyes had rolled in the back of his head and he had no response to his name or any other noise. Lucky for me my brother-in-law Doug was there with me to reach for the phone to dial 911. However, before he could dial the numbers, Curtis came to. I was shaking so bad that I could barely stand. Never in my life have I experienced such terror. To feel your own child in your arms, go limp as if he had no life…I get sick just describing it. After regaining some composure, I called every medical person I knew, to ask what I should do. They said take him to the emergency room…so I did…at 9 pm. Everything checked out fine with Curtis…he plays normal, acts normal, and now we know that passing out is common. However, because it was related to a head injury, you can never be to cautious.
Speaking of Curtis, HE IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! We had a family reunion in Flagstaff a couple weeks ago, and Curtis woke up and wanted to play in the middle of the night. After that weekend of hardly any sleep, I decided that was enough. It’s been two weeks and he is sleeping like a BABY! And so am I!
Curtis wants to walk so badly. He has just started cruising and standing tall from a squatting position. I have no doubt that he has the strength, but his balance could use a little more work. Give it another week or two and I’ll be chasing him around!
Clifton and I are doing just fine. Currently, we have moved all of our belongings to Thatcher, and are living separately. Mostly because his job is too good to leave Grants, and my job begins in a week in Thatcher. It will take some getting used to, but I think that we will survive a month and a half!
We are just looking forward to our new home and a fresh start in Thatcher. We feel so blessed that Clifton got into the nursing program (by the way, he just took a medical calculations test and got 95 out of 100). We have many things to look forward to here in the near future and we just could not be happier!

6 comments:

Leah said...

YAY J! An Update...can't wait to see some pics!

heidi said...

okay, holy cow. I can't believe that you had to go through that ordeal with curtis. i would have freaked! i'm so sorry

this is heidi andersen from myfamily.com -- all the talk on there about blogs i did a little searching and found a few peoples blog address from there. anyway that how i found your blog address.

Candace said...

JANIEL!! Your ordeal with Curtis must have been so terrifying!!! I'm so glad he's ok!

Heidi Joncas said...

Congrats on your getting to move back home. How exiting to be able to pick out you new house.
Scary about you son. I would have not know what to do.
Have fun with your new job. I love EAC volleyball.

Erin said...

I just read this post and had SO many things to reply to, I don't know where to start! I kept hearing that a boy named Chris Udall was going to Mozambique on his mission... but I couldn't think of who that person was! (I mostly knew you as Janiel McNiel... not Udall. But the reason I was so excited was because I've been to Mozambique twice, and my aunt and uncle (Cindy and Blair Packard) are going to be his mission president!!! Small small world. But he will absolutely LOVE Mozambique. The people there are SO wonderful, humble, happy, giving... they are so amazing. And my aunt and uncle are amazing too! They will for sure help make your little brothers experience a great one. I could go on forever about this, but I'll stop!

Second... I'm so happy that you're moving back to Thatcher! Jace and I will be back in 10 months and counting! I didn't grow up there, but it still feels like HOME... and it's a good feeling to be somewhere that feels so comfortable.

Lisa said...

OH MY GOODNESS! It's Lisa. Memeber me? EA, pink house. Well isn't blogging just a joy? I just started one. I dont know what I'm doing, but i'll tell you it's so fun to find people like you!!! How's life. You have the cutest little boY! HOly COW!!! So fun!