There is something to be said for 2nd babies. I am totally LOVING the newborn phase this time around. Jesse is just a dream baby! I dont know if it's just because i know what to expect, or if he really is just the best baby ever born! I feel like and old pro because he makes it that easy for me. At 4 days old, he was back to his birth weight. That same day was his circumcision, and he screamed through the procedure, but we've hardly heard a peep from him since. He eats every 2-4 hours!!! I get plenty of sleep at night because i nurse him before i go to sleep, and then only twice before it's time to wake up. Physically i feel TOO good. I know i shouldn't, but i would love to go running tomorrow. I'm about 8 lbs. away from my pre-pregnancy weight. My body is bouncing back pretty fast compared to the first time around.
Curtis LOVES his baby brother. We really tried to prepare him emotionally for Jesse to come and flip his world up-side-down, and he has handled it like a champ! He has really taken ownership as well...like when company comes over, he says "this is my baby!" Such a cutie. Curtis loves to hold Jesse and give him his binki. He's even gone as far to say that he loves his baby brother! I thought that would take awhile.
Im in love with my little family. The other night, Clifton went to bed early with Jesse...Curtis was already in bed...and i got to say "all my boys are sleeping!" Im soaking it all in and taking things slow. I feel the blessings from Heaven! How did i get so lucky?!
5 comments:
That is so awesome! I am so glad things are going good. I can't wait to meet your new cutie!
Aw, Janiel! That is SO good to hear!! I'm so happy for your quick recovery and adjustment! I hope things continue like this for you guys!
I thought the part where you said binki was really bikini...that was not right. I need to learn to read. :) I'm glad to hear everything is going well!
I sort of hate you. I'm still about 20 to 25 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. And I work all day and take care of the baby every other second that I'm not doing that so I have no time to work out. I have a feeling I will be stuck at this weight for awhile.... :(
Totally felt the same way with Zach! I am happy you are doing so well and the Curtis is doing so well too! We need to get his hat back to you.
Post a Comment