Monday, December 22, 2008
}-**-coordinated-**-{
the other night, i had a date night with my BFF Shari. it seems we get together every 3 or 4 weeks to go watch a movie...and it is ALWAYS the funniest movie ever (until we watch it again at home, and realize it was the experience and the company that made the movie so great). we dont always see comedies but when we do it feels like we are the only ones laughing in the entire theater...and we laugh HARD! and we a'int embarassed! the most recent encounter at the movies was particularly funny. We went to see 4 christmases (it was good. i wont buy it, but i laughed until my tummy hurt) and we purchased our usual jumbo bag of popcorn, then proceeded our seats. I asked her where she wanted to sit, and she told me to choose. I thought I picked a good row, perfect distance from the screen. i teased about which chair i was going to sit in moving side to side pretending to sit down, and then standing again, squat to sit, then slide over, etc. after i had made my final selection on the perfect chair, i sat down to find that the bottom of the chair was actually broken off from the back of the chair! while i was falling, i tried to save my pride and fall gracefully...but that went out the window. but what i did manage to save was our jumbo popcorn. not a single buttery piece was dropped! while the entire theater is laughing at me, a nice lady reaches OVER Shari (who is hunched over laughing her face off) and offers to help me up. For the first 5 minutes of the movie, i giggled and reacted to what had just happened. "did i really pick the only broken chair in the entire theater? after i teased about which chair i was going to sit in?" and i still a'int embarassed. i feel it was quite CLASSIC! it's always good to get a good laugh at yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh man I wish I could have been there to see that! But reading it was almost just as good. I think I peed my pants laughing! You are hilarious Janiel! Merry Christmas!
Sue the theatre. Get your money back and then some. Ha ha!
That's so funny!
Nice! and chances would be that if I was there with you it would have been me to choose that seat and sit in it. Also, nice save on the popcorn!! See you soon!!!!!!!!!!!
I would of wrote sooner, but I was laughing so hard at you I had to take a potty break! You know when someone tells a story and you say, "It would of been funny if you would of been there." I can definatly say that this is not one of those times. Levi and I are still laughing at the situation(not you) Thanks for the laughs and SHARIng your story. :-D
Post a Comment