This evening while family was gathered together for a family home evening of sorts, my sweet Grandma passed away. We had been preparing for that moment for several days now, but when it happened, it was as if she just left while we weren't paying attention. We had a family prayer, and sang "Love at Home"... a family favorite... and by the time the song was finished, she had drifted. I think Aunt Lela described it best, "The tears are not tears of sadness, but tears of the sweet Spirit." Now i'm not gonna lie, I was very sad. But the Spirit was so strong in that house this evening. We're so sad to loose our beloved grandmother, but we knew it was time.
Shortly after her passing, my dad and Uncle Jordan gave my grandfather a blessing. Once again, we could feel the Spirit in the room as we knew Grandma was at peace. I gave my final goodbyes to Grandma about 20 minuets after she had passed. My heart is full. We know the Lord was watching over our family tonight.
2 comments:
Hey Girl! It was nice to hear from you! I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. It's so comforting to know that she will be taken care of and will be in a better place! What would we go without the gospel? It's amazing!
I heard about your grandma...she was such a sweet lady! It was good running in to you the other day. Always love seeing your smiling face.
Post a Comment