I'm nearly 38 weeks! Can you believe it?! I think i've distanced myself so far from being pregnant that i've forgotten how close this little guy actually is to getting here! Well, at my Dr.'s appointment yesterday, i notified him of an incident that happened Sunday evening.
Here's the scoop: we were having a little FHE with our close friends Stephen and Lisl (who just moved back to Thatcher...YIPEE!) and their 2 kids. We had a quick song, a short lesson on temples, and then a root beer float for our treat. Within 15 minutes of finishing my float, I noticed my vision was getting blurry. I couldn't really focus on anything! Wavy lines began to appear as well as bright white spots along with the blur. This continued for 10 minutes until i mentioned it to Clifton. He went into "Nurse Mode" and whipped out the blood pressure cuff. My BP was normal! After about a half hour of not being able to see clearly, it started to fade...back to normal. I really didnt feel like going to the hospital so i was happy when i could see again.
So back to the Dr - I told him about what happened and he was upset that I didn't go and have it checked out. He said "we're sending you over right now to have a CT scan done. it's considered a stroke util we can rule it out." I was shocked!!! I did as I was told and went right away. Because of my "condition" (being pregnant), all the tests that the Dr ordered were done pretty fast...I mean within an hour! I was optimistic that i wasn't going to have to be there all afternoon. Well, tests are one thing, RESULTS are another. I waited for 3 hours! Truthfully it wasn't that bad, i just knew that nothing was wrong so when the results finally came i was ready to be discharged. So for the remainder of my pregnancy, i'm on baby aspirin to help prevent clots.
I'm dilated to 2 cm, so all that means is the Dr can feel the babies head...he says to me "i'm fairly confident you'll go into labor on your own." I laughed at him and thought "riiiiiiiight" (like kronk from the emperor's new groove). All i'm doing is playing the waiting game...and it might be the one game i'm not good at.
5 comments:
Holy cow! I can't believe how close you are! I'm glad everything ended up being okay, and good luck as you enter the final stretch!
what's with the chimp and the bug? Can we get back to *me*?-Kuzco
he he he! I remember being at a 3 with Rachel at 37 weeks. They were pretty certain that she would come soon. 4 weeks LATER!!!! ha ha ha. She ended up being 5!! days late. But I did go into labor on my own. Good luck! We're thinking of you guys@!
Hooray for you! I saw a picture someone had posted of you and your pregnant bump... and seriously I smiled so big! You are one dang good-lookin' pregnant girl :) Hope it's all smooth-sailing! Any names picked out?
So glad everything is okay!
Post a Comment