his sence of humor, that is. this morning i was clipping curtis' finger nails. for some reason he hates this. anyway, i was on the LAST finger...the pinky. i said "hey, can i have your pinky?" he looks at me perplexed...you can read every thought going through his mind at this point. he says "Binky?" and then proceeds to suck on his Pinky like a Binky! i laughed out load so hard that clifton had to come from the office and find out what was wrong!
on sunday, it was time to get ready for church...clifton was still in bed upstairs, while curtis and i were having breakfast downstairs. after we finished eating, i called upstairs yelling, "Clifton!"
and trying his best to say it out, curtis follows with "CLI--NTON!" i heard clifton laughing from upstairs and i knew he was awake. the rest of the day, daddy was not daddy. he was clifton.
curtis has reached an age where he recognized sillyness. if we laugh, he is certain to repeat whatever it was that got that laugh. we are finding ourselves careful to only laugh when we know it is okay to laugh. we have caught him in the bathroom unrolling the TP just having a grand time...hard not to laugh, but can't promote that behavior right? he sure has become so fun to take care of. he understands more than we think he does. i love teaching him new things. right now we are working on ABC's and colors. what a big boy!
4 comments:
What a cutie pie!!
I'm totally losing the Danny vs. Daddy war. I call him Danny, so why can't she?
I'm glad you post things like this. It makes me feel like I can kind of be there while he's growing up.
What a cute kid. You guys did good.
that's hilarious! And I agree with alicia. I'm glad you're posting stuff like this. you probably won't remember it otherwise!
what a ham!! That is too cute, he is definitely your son. I'm so sorry I missed his birthday, I can't believe he's 2!!!! You'll have to let us know what you guys did for his second birthday!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment