Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sad Day

I think my Father said it best..."I feel like this is a tug-of-war, between us (children and grandchildren) and Grandma." Today we lost our dear Grandpa Udall after a short battle with pneumonia. I got a phone call from my mom saying he passed away, at 3 this afternonn. He went peacfully and without pain. I personally feel relieved that he isn't suffering anymore. Not only physically, but emotionaly. I feel he did the best he could without Grandma here, but he sure was different and was missing the spring in his step. He missed his sweetheart, and she was calling him home. I feel so blessed to have known him, and to have grown up next to him my entire life. He was the perfect example of husband, father, grandfather, priesthood holder, etc. I could go on and on, but I will miss him so much. He was a true servant of the Lord, and now gets to be with our dear Grandma. We will miss you Grandpa. I love you so much.
Services for Kenyon Udall will be this Saturday at 2 pm at the Thatcher Stake Center with a vewing at 1 as well as a vewing Friday night.

7 comments:

Candace said...

Janiel,
My thoughts and prayers are with your family as you are missing a dear Grandpa. I hope you continue to feel at peace with his passing.
All my love,
Candace

Tawna said...

I know he touched so many lives, and you are right--he was such a good man. I know you will be comforted during this time.
Love you-Tawna

Heather said...

I love you Janiel. Your grandparents were awesome, and will be sorely missed, but I am glad you all are able to see the positive in that he is with your grandma. Just like Candace, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Quinn said...

I'm so sorry Janiel, I wish I could be there for you. Give me a call if you want to talk, you know I'm always available for you!

Katie and Levi said...

What time is the viewing on friday night? My mom told me that he passed. I was shocked because I didn't know he was sick. I do love the love story your grandparents have...even after your grandma went. I think winnie the pooh said, "if you live to be 100 I want to live to be 99...so I don't have to spend one day with out you."

Melissa said...

oh Janiel, I love you so much. my heart goes out o you. What a bittersweet time for you and your family. The ache of losing someone you love and the peace in knowing they have joy beyond the veil. oh how my heart hurts for you. Love you so much. know thar i am crying for you in your loss.

Bethany said...

I'm thinking of you as my grandmother passed away last week as well. It really is peaceful to think that they aren't suffering physically/emotionally anymore. We are so blessed to have the true gospel in our lives. Your grandpa was really an amazing person..I bet a lot of people came to show their respects. Love, Bethany