Monday, September 03, 2007

Sorry...long time no blog

Things have been busy the last couple of weeks, but that is still no excuse for not updating my friends and family on what has been happening in our lives. We have MANY new things that have gone on, i hope that i can get it all in.
~Janiel~
I love my job. I have so much fun with the volleyball girls. It certainly doesn't pay what it should (for the hours i put in) but i love it. From time to time, I get frustrated with the girls only because I want to get out there and play...but my time has passed. Now I enjoy loosing my voice twice a week yelling at the palyers as if they cannot hear me.
I have my Commercial Drivers Licence Permit. Driving the bus will give me a great opportunity to make more money for our family. I will be making minimum wage plus 35 cents a mile. A one day trip (up to Mesa and back) I will make about $150. Plus $30 for food per day. Tournament trips is where the money will be made for sure. Hopefully I will be able to take my driving test soon so I can be driving and making the money!
Because I am the only one working (thank heaven for student loans), I have been doing some side jobs as well. I teach a class at the college called Beginning Body Conditioning. I get paid per person, so I have mom, dad, Clifton, and a bunch of other people in there that have never shown up. Oh well!
~Clifton~
Nursing classes have begun and I think he really likes it. He is one of 3 men in the program and is having a good time (so far). He's been taking some classes online which leaves time for him to watch Curtis while i'm out of town on volleyball trips. Our scheduals work out really nice.
Clifton has been also focusing on our house. Things are running slowly and we are getting kind of worried about it. We still dont have a closing date, and are hoping things will get finished up soon!
~Curtis~
Many milestones have happened and he has learned a ton of new things! Curtis started WALKING about 3 weeks ago and hasn't stopped! Leah brought the twins over and a switch turned something on in his head..."they're little people, and I can walk too!" Ever since then, he's been cruising everywhere. He runs in spurts and hardly crawls. My baby isn't a baby any more!
Curtis points at everything and says some little phrase I can't understand. Sometimes I cannot stand how cute my kid is! His words consist of dad, mom, nana (banana), ball, dut (that), and sign language for ALL DONE! He also does sign language for milk but to him that means 'bye,bye'.
Sorry there are no pictures, but i cannot find the cord that connects the camera to the computer. As soon as i find it, i will post a picture frenzy! Also, sorry for the grammar and spelling...done in a hurry! Much love to all!

2 comments:

Leah said...

What a great update! I can't believe Curtis is walking! AWESOME! I hope you get things figured out with your house! Love you and miss you!

Amanda said...

i'm glad you took time out of your busy schedule to share with us all. sounds like you have the world on your shoulders. don't forget to take time for you...love you!