Thursday, April 12, 2007

6 Month Update (at 7 months old)







After about a month of no posts, I have a ton to catch up on.

Curtis is now 7 months old. He weighs 17 lbs. 3 oz, and is 27 3/4 inches long! Those numbers came from his 6 month apointment 2 weeks ago. The Dr. said that he is one of the heathiest babies in the area...I guess there are a lot of women here who did drugs while pregnant, and now their babies are paying the price. Anyway, Curtis' measurements bring him to the 50% for weight and the 90% for length. Long and Lean! About 2 weeks ago, Curtis started to get up on his hands and knees...first thing that came to my mind, "I'm not ready!" He started rocking back and forth, and actually moving to get what he wanted, until he biffed it and then burst into tears. To save himself from the frequent slams to the ground, he now army crawls. Just the last couple of days, he's improved his ground skills as if he'd known how to do it but his body just wasn't strong enough. He also sits up pretty good without help. He has learned to lay himself on the ground from, sitting to tummy, without getting hurt. If it wasn't for the cold ground (by the way, at 9 am this morning, it was 36 degrees) I would put him on the floor and let him go to town on all the toys. But no carpet makes for a really cold tummy.

Clifton and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary last monday (April 9th). For fun, we went to the zoo and looked at all the animals. The zoo only cost us $7 per person. It was so much fun. Curtis didn't get it unless the animals were moving (which is what we assumed would happen). The last two pictures are of us at the end of the day...Doesn't it look like Curtis had a great time?

He is such a good boy. We love him more and more everyday, and we cannot wait for him to grow up!

3 comments:

Candace said...

I love that 1st picture...looks like he's doing a "Buns of Steel" workout!! hehe I guess your blog answers my question that I asked on MyFamily....Curtis was just like Hannah, and NOT impressed by the zoo! We took Hannah again just a few weeks ago and it was A LOT more fun! :)

Leah said...

That last picture of Mr Curtis is so cute! Looks like he did have a good time. Happy Anniversary and thanks for the update!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

The zoo will only get more and more fun as he gets older....which he is already doing so fast!