Friday, March 09, 2007

The Reason for the Fussyness





A couple nights ago, Curtis could not sleep. He and I both got about 4 hours of solid sleep. I seriously tried every kind of medicin that I had...Tylenol, teething tablets, gas relief, etc. NOTHING worked. He was fussy the following day (Wednesday) due to lack of sleep, and something was bugging him. He would just wake up screaming in pain. At about 9:30 last night, I went over to my in-laws to see if they could help me. Keep in mind that Clifton is in Las Vegas for a convention. Anyway, I'm thinking of all of his symptoms...he's had a cold the last week and a half, lots of poop, can't sleep at night, and a low grade fever. So Lisa, my m-in-law suggests it an ear infection. I search on the internet for symptoms of an ear infection, and he has just about every single one. After about 2 hours of solid crying, he fell asleep. I thought to myself, i'll just take him into the doctor tomorrow (our regular doctor is out of town so I would just have taken him to the office and have the other doctor look at him). Just kidding...he'd only been sleeping for an hour when he woke again screaming in pain. I decided it was time to go to the hospital. So I loaded my sick baby into the car at 12:30 a.m. to see what the doctor at the hospital would say. Curtis has an infection in his left ear, and his right ear is in the early stages. I got an antibiotic, and was on my way within an hour.

It's hard when your baby is sick...you don't sleep, you forget to eat, and your worried all the time. My face is breaking out already. Being a mom is hard stuff. People are crazy to have more than one!! hehe
Curtis also loves to sit up! He's such a big boy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"look at me, i'm cute!"

Wolfingtons said...

It is hard being a mom. Fortunately you forget all the hard stuff and eventually go on to have more kids, that will also involve hard times. Hang in there.

Leah said...

Look at that big boy sitting up!! Aren't you just so mad now that you didn't see that he had an ear infection?....I have totally done that before and it's like...yah, this is why I have been fussy! Poor little man! He looks sooooo sooo soo cute in the 2nd picture....he's growing up!

Jill said...

Oprah always says "being a mom is the hardest job there is" and she aint lyin'!

I'll second Karolyn's "Hang in there!"