Well, the last month has been pretty crazy...nursing program applications, appartment applications, parties to go to, finding out my calling has doubled, etc. But we press on, right? Here's the update:
About 3 weeks ago, NMSU told Clifton that he's not eligible for their nursing program...when 4 months ago, they were assuring us that we were a shoe-in. With this news, I ventured out on a nursing program application spree! I litterally filled out a dozen applications for Clifton, if he had the requirements or not. Looking at all the information from all the schools, it looks like we are moving back to Thatcher. We know that he can get into their program, because he got in before we left for Silver City. But before we count all of our chickens, we have to GET IN the program! We hate having other people decide our future.
I was talking to my old volleyball coach Shari Kay, and she's so supportive of us coming back to Thatcher, that she offered me the assistant coaching job there at EAC. I would LOVE that job! Seriously, when she told me that, i thought to myself...Okay, we're moving back! But other things gotta happen before I can take that job! Yeah!
With the possibility of moving to Thatcher, we need to find a place to live! There are some BRAND-SPANKIN' new appartments behind the John Deere implement, but they are all full for at least a year. But at least we have our names on the wating list! There are other appartments near the hospital that we could get into. The lady I talked to said that she has a hard time finding people eligible to live there. So there is a possibility.... We haven't exactly looked into other options such as renting a house, or a trailor, or another place of living, but when we know we get into a program, then we'll buckle down and really start lookin'.
The next few weeks will be dedicated to building our bathroom! We are commited to Clifton's parents to have that done before we leave. But after we leave, they are thinking about moving into our place. I think that's a great idea!
The applications are in, all we have to do is wait!
Our life is in limbo...and we hate it...but we have Curtis to make things all better. He's our sunshine on every cloudy day! He's becoming more vocal and stronger everyday. He can partially sit up (not without support), and he can roll from back to tummy to his right. He loves playing with my hair, and playing peak-a-boo. I can feel that he loves us!
2 comments:
Doesn't grown up life stink? Good luck with the applications. We'll keep you in our prayers
Holy Mackeral!! It sounds like you two are keeping busy!! Good luck with the nursing stuff. As for the apartments...when did they start to do all this stuff to Thatcher?! WHAT THE? It's going to be a big city soon...scary. Anyway...Curtis looks like he's growing up so fast! He's so so so cute! I can't wait to meet him sometime. Well I love you guys and miss ya!
Post a Comment